Saturday, April 16, 2011

Today is The New Da

Who would know that one day I would look brightly upon the sun. That I would notice the birds chirping and the breeze blowing. How long have I lived in the cave I built for myself, the one that drowned out every good thing that ever existed. Who said for me to do this....Who said life wasn't supposed to be enjoyable. I did. I imposed this self imprisonment. I told myself not to smell the flowers and notice the breeze. I shielded my eyes from the sun when it tried in vain to shine through my darkness, but...eventually there in nothing that the sun can't touch, that the breeze can't engulf...that the birds can't penetrate. I will receive all that is presented...I freed myself.

1 comment:

  1. Spring is a time of renewal, and it is wonderful when you can feel that in your self.

    ReplyDelete